Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Week 2

Week 2

My project is very slowly coming together. I am straightening out exactly what my presentation will consist of. I have picked out the specific biases that I will learn more about and present to the class. This week was the beginning of that process. This is difficult because I haven't found any other lesson plans or models to teach my chosen biases. So the challenge lies in finding a way to present this information, and still have everyone wake and not sleeping by the time I am done. Believe me when I say this information is useful and interesting, but it all comes down to whether I can convince my audience that.

The logical fallacies that we have been taken notes on are very similar to my chosen biases. It has made me take a step back and think about why we are subject to these biases or don't see these errors in logic. It has made me think about a whole different topic within my genius hour that I can hopefully find a way to tie into my presentation.

So far the easiest part of this project is seeing these biases play out in real life situations. I am now starting to see things and predict patterns in people's behavior solely based on my knowledge of the mind's tendency to fall victim to these biases. I now get why so many choose to study psychology in college.

2 comments:

  1. Your genius hour seems super interesting! It's such a unique subject I never would've thought of! What kind of biases have you studied so far? What's the most common bias that you've picked up on? I'm really excited to hear about what you learn from your research! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete